Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Thursday, October 23, 2014 - Daily Devotion - God Keeps Giving

AM Prayer/Devotion

God Keeps Giving
Job 42:1-10

Golden Text - "I know that thou canst do everything, and that no thought can be withholden from thee" (Job 42:2).

Our Lesson Talk

The Lord spoke to Job and asked him wheter he could do all the great and miraculous things that HE, God, could do.
Job then realized that God can do anything He wants to do.
He did not have to answer to Job!
Then Job was sorry for all his complaining words.

God was angry with Job's friends because they had wrongfully accused Job of sin.
He told them to get seven bulls and seven rams and take them to Job for a burnt offering.
They were to ask Job to pray for them so that they would not be punished by God for all the wrong things they had said to him.

The friends obeyed the Lord and went to Job.  They gave the burnt offering and asked him to pray for them.
Job did forgive them.  He prayed for them so that they would not be punished for what they had said to him.  God honored Job's prayer for his friends.  Then the Lord blessed Job greatly and gave him twice as much wealth and possessions as he had before.

ob 42:1-10Amplified Bible (AMP)

42 Then Job said to the Lord,
I know that You can do all things, and that no thought or purpose of Yours can be restrained or thwarted.
[You said to me] Who is this that darkens and obscures counsel [by words] without knowledge? Therefore [I now see] I have [rashly] uttered what I did not understand, things too wonderful for me, which I did not know.
[I had virtually said to You what You have said to me:] Hear, I beseech You, and I will speak; I will demand of You, and You declare to me.
I had heard of You [only] by the hearing of the ear, but now my [spiritual] eye sees You.
Therefore I loathe [my words] and abhor myself and repent in dust and ashes.
After the Lord had spoken the previous words to Job, the Lord said to Eliphaz the Temanite, My wrath is kindled against you and against your two friends, for you have not spoken of Me the thing that is right, as My servant Job has.
Now therefore take seven bullocks and seven rams and go to My servant Job and offer up for yourselves a burnt offering; and My servant Job shall pray for you, for I will accept [his prayer] that I deal not with you after your folly, in that you have not spoken of Me the thing that is right, as My servant Job has.
So Eliphaz the Temanite and Bildad the Shuhite and Zophar the Naamathite went and did as the Lord commanded them; and the Lord accepted [Job’s prayer].
10 And the Lord turned the captivity of Job and restored his fortunes, when he prayed for his friends; also the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before.

Questions:
Lesson Job 42:1-10Read Job 32-42
1.  What sin did Job become guilty of during his ordeal?
ans. complaining
Job developed a critical spirit toward God
Job believed he had a right to confront God because he knew he didn't sin against God but since God was silent and inaccessible, Job became guilty of arrogance.

2.  HOw did Elihu's discourse (the use of words to exchange thoughts and ideas) prepare the way for God's revelation of Himself?
Ans.  Elihu confronted both Job and his critics (Job 32-37).  Elihu declared that no one could justly criticize God or claim to speak for Him.  After Elihu's confrontation, then the Lord himself "answered Job out of the whirlwind" (Job 38:1)

3.  How did God convince Job that he should not question His ways?  
Ans.  God began to question Job about His Creation --none of which JOb could answer. God also included vivid descriptions of two mighty beasts, Behemoth and Leviathan.

They were animals Job could neither understand nor control, fittingly climaxing God's display of power and wisdom.

4.  What did Job admit that he had been guilty of?
Job admitted that he was vile and he wasn't able to answer God's questions.  He also acknowledge God's sovereignty and his own weakness.

5.  In what sense did Job now "see" God, whereas before he had only heard of Him?
Ans.  What Job only seen him before, he is saying that he had only heard about God's creation and God's miracles.  When Job says that he now see God, he means he had a personal encountered with God.  God revealed himself to Job.

No comments: