Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 4, 2013

Monday, November 4, 2013 - Recap Sunday's Sermon - Anthony Stallings - Another day of life is not guaranteed but DEATH is.

5:00 am - Devotion/Prayer

AM - 20 min weights 20 min cardio
PM - Ride the bike .. Around the world challenge - Destination is Florida

Good morning Lord.. Here is your child again.. I'm back.. Please forgive me for putting things (idols) before you.  Forgive me for not giving you my first fruit.  Forgive me for not giving you the time that (WE) deserve with each other.  Please help me to be a better steward over my time, my talents and my treasure, in Jesus Name I pray.

I've been challenge and I have to make myself usable for Christ.  I am saved, there is no doubt about that..but Anthony reminded me - Another day of life is not guaranteed but DEATH is.

What shall I do with this time? All I really have is "today".  What does God want me to do with "today"?
Lord Lead Me

Pastor Stallings reminded us.. that What we do with this time and How we do it does matter.

Grace- Put you on God's Team

But your Life - Is a living card of how "Thankful" you are to be on God's team

What does your card say?

Scriptures (I will list them for now) ..and we will try to put them together in a way that corresponds with the sermon.

Ephesians 6:6-12;
1 Corinthians 9:24-27

Once we are on Jesus team.  Christians means following Christ.
If you are a Christian, you must discover what Jesus did.  We must do the work that Jesus did.

John 14:12-15.

Make Yourself Usable ... Grace saved you, so you can DO
Once you Repent and turn away,.. now, we must be properly motivated to do the works of Christ.

There was one point..I didn't totally agree with (..so I will put a pen here to do some research)..
Matthew 7:13-14; 21-22
Something to the fact that if you don't do Christ work, you won't enter heaven.
Note to self: Last I checked, once you are saved, you are sealed by God's Holy Spirit.
You have Accepted, Believe and Confess (Romans 10:9-10), then you will have eternal life..there is no other condition to entering heaven;

So I will study those scriptures, in light of other scripture.  CWGIBS

There are Good ideals and God Ideals .. ITS CHALLENGING TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE

Rev 3:15-17
John 15:14
Philipians 4:13 - (He said stop using this scripture out of context.. )..so read the whole chapter so you know exactly what you are quoting.

We must THINK ETERNALLY
Jeremiah 33:3
Psalms 139:16
Matthew 24:38-42;
Romans 12:1-2.

James 1:5

*** END OF SERMON NOTES ***
SCRIPTURES LISTED:

Ephesians 6:6-12

New Living Translation (NLT)
Try to please them all the time, not just when they are watching you. As slaves of Christ, do the will of God with all your heart. Work with enthusiasm, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. Remember that the Lord will reward each one of us for the good we do, whether we are slaves or free.
Masters, treat your slaves in the same way. Don’t threaten them; remember, you both have the same Master in heaven, and he has no favorites.

The Whole Armor of God

10 A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. 12 For we[a] are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.

1 Corinthians 9:24-27

New Living Translation (NLT)
24 Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! 25 All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. 26 So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. 27 I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.

************************** PASTOR TWYMON SERMON ********************
I love this one:  Isiah 49:16 .. oopss..this is from Pastor's Twymon sermon in the afternoon.. LOL
16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me. - KJV

MSG VERSIONS:

Isaiah 49:16

The Message (MSG)
15-18 “Can a mother forget the infant at her breast,
    walk away from the baby she bore?
But even if mothers forget,
    I’d never forget you—never.
Look, I’ve written your names on the backs of my hands.
    The walls you’re rebuilding are never out of my sight.
Your builders are faster than your wreckers.
    The demolition crews are gone for good.
Look up, look around, look well!
    See them all gathering, coming to you?
As sure as I am the living God”—God’s Decree—
    “you’re going to put them on like so much jewelry,
    you’re going to use them to dress up like a bride.

**********************************



No comments: