Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

StrongHolds (cont). - Part III - Renouncing Spiritual StrongHolds


Andrea's Disclaimer:
Please note: This study and most of this information was researched and organized by First Lady Gail Twymon of The Blessed Hope Missionary Baptist Church

I by no means am taking any credit for this information:  I am simply blogging it so I and others can have access to it via an online medium:

RENOUNCING SPIRITUAL STRONGHOLDS

Nearly all of us struggle to some degree with spiritual strongholds.  But God does not want us to continue to be ruled by them or to impose them upon anyone else.  If you recognize that you are operating under the influence of a stronghold, renounce it in prayer, repent for what you've done, ask God's forgiveness and the forgiveness of others, and resist the return of the spirit or stronghold.  Receive God's power to forsake it and ask Him to make you sensitive to the times when you are tempted to act in a wrong spirit.  Move into freedom by asking God to fill you afresh with the power of His Holy Spirit.

When you encounter a person who is influenced by a stronghold, let your first response be prayer.  Ask God for wisdom and love and for Him to set the person free.  If the person has offended you, forgive him or her and don't let that person's actions or attitudes keep a grip on you.  Let your life be based on a genuine faith rooted in Jesus' life and example.

Most of all, continually become transformed by the renewing of your mind, as we are told to do in Romans 12:2.  This is your best insurance against any spiritual influences that do not come from God.  As you develope a strong relationship with God through the power of His Spirit, not only will you become empowered to bring the Kingdom to those around you at work, but also you will be able to resist Satan's sabotage.

PRAYER OF REPENTANCE TO RENOUNCE STRONGHOLDS

We must gain freedom by renouncing and repenting of the influence of strongholds.

Father in heaven, I come before you in the Name of Jesus.  I recognized the power You have given me by the shed blood of Jesus to demolish spiritual strongholds in my life.  I confess that I have given a foothold to the sin(s) of ____ (list them).  I renounced the stronghold of _________ by the authority of the Name of Jesus Christ according to Your Word.  I take back through Your power that ground that I surrendered to the enemy.  I pray that You will fill me with trust-grounded obedience to Your Holy Spirit so that this area of my life will be in conformity to the image of Christ.  Amen

No comments: