Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 - Name of God - Scriptures

Devotion/Prayer

The names of God - Scriptures


(1) Abraham called on the name of the Lord
NAME OF THE LORD
Gen. 12:8; 13:4

Genesis 12:8Amplified Bible (AMP)

From there he pulled up [his tent pegs] and departed to the mountain on the east of Bethel and pitched his tent, with Bethel on the west and Ai on the east; and there he built an altar to the Lord and called upon the name of the Lo

Genesis 13:4Amplified Bible (AMP)
Where he had built an altar at first; and there Abram called on the name of the Lord.

Ex. 33:19; 34:5
(2) The Lord proclaimed His own name before Moses

Exodus 33:19Amplified Bible (AMP)

19 And God said, I will make all My goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim My name, The Lord, before you; for I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show mercy and loving-kindness on whom I will show mercy and loving-kindness.

Exodus 34:5Amplified Bible (AMP)

And the Lord descended in the cloud and stood with him there and proclaimed the name of the Lord.


(3) Israel was warned against profaning the name of the Lord 

Leviticus 13:21Amplified Bible (AMP)

21 But if the priest examines it and finds no white hair in it and it is not lower than the skin but appears darker, then the priest shall bind it up for seven days.


Leviticus 22:2Amplified Bible (AMP)

Say to Aaron and his sons that they shall stay away from the holy things which the Israelites dedicate to Me, that they may not profane My holy name; I am the Lord.


No comments: