Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Monday and Tuesday - August 16,17 - Meditation and Study

Monday: All Day Study and Meditation

Monday Evening: Practice Piano/ Zumba Class

Tuesday: AM - Meditation and typ notes
Tuesday: Lunch - plan on doing weights


=== M E D I T A T I O N =====


----------------------------------------

2 Samuel 12:1-15 / Psalm 51:7

TEXT: When you need a Quadruple By Pass

SCRIPTURE: Psalms 51:1-13

1Have Mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.

2Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.

3For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.

4Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.

5Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

6Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.

7Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

8Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.

9Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.

10Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

11Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

12Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

13Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.



NOTES FROM SERMON:



Pastor Twymon reads 2 Samuel passage – which is a parable being told

And then he goes to Psalms to tell how to have a surgery done on your inward parts



You have a sick heart when we repeatedly go against God’s will and way and we need a surgery

performed on our hearts. A Quadruple By-Pass



vs 1 – Talks about Mercy

What is Mercy ? – Give me something I don’t deserve; which is free of punishment: so what I deserve is punishment but you withhold it



Webster definition of Mercy –

compassion or forbearance shown especially to an offender or to one subject to one's power;

a blessing that is an act of divine favor or compassion b : a fortunate circumstance



How are we cleansed?

By the washing of the word of God

Psalm 51 v3



1. You have to acknowledge your sins – call it out

(i.e. don’t just say, Lord forgive for my sins! No, say, I am a liar, a cheater, a ---- (you fill in the blanks)

2. Admit you are sinning against God

3. Thank God that he will judge you fairly. I won’t be judge for someone’s else sin but my own sins. God doesn’t mix up our sins, he will get it right.

4. Be Truthful.. (i.e. again..say, I am a ______) You fill in the blank(s)

5. Sometimes, things has to happen on the inside of you before you get some common sense



Pastor Twymon comments:



Women, if you put things before your husband, you are sick and need a doctor. That includes, things, people and church, O yes, Church. The woman was created for man.

So if your man need a pork chop in his life (and I’m paraphrasing), then your first obligation is to feed him before your duties at the church.



BY PASS PROCEDURE



PURGE me with hyssop; and I shall be clean

Comments: hyssop is the Word of God; in the old days, it was the best healing agent around for bruise, broken joints, etc. In our case, it’s our wicked heart that needs healed.



MAKE me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.

Comments: Confess and forsake that sin. You can’t convince me that you have peace when you are actively and knowingly going against God’s will. You can’t have NO PEACE!; YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO MOVE OR HAVE PEACE OR SLEEP!



Psalm 51:9

Is saying: -- Turn away while I go (and sin)..

Hide thy face from my sins

Comments; Yeah right! Not! God is not going to hide his face while you go out and do whatever it is that you are big and bad enough to do.



Psalm 51:10

CREATE in me a Clean Heart;



Comments; When you can’t follow leadership, wife don’t want to submit to her husband

Or doesn’t make herself available to him, something is wrong with her spirit.



Renew a right spirit within me

Means: consistently be nice; consistently wear smile on your face; consistently have a pleasant attitude. Etc



Psalm 51:11

Cast me not away from thy presence;

And take not the Holy Spirit within me



As a Christian, you know that the Holy Spirit lives inside of you and is sealed to the day of redemption. However, you can make the spirit angry and it will feel like the spirit has left you.



Quenching the Holy Spirit: The Holy Spirit is there but He will not act in your live



Psalm 51:12

RESTORE – unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit..



My joy comes from the Lord

V12 b – and uphold me with thy free spirit



Comments: all the things and service you do for the Lord doesn’t mean a thing unto your heart is right:



What does that really mean? The service you give to the Lord and others can’t be replace for true repentance!

IF your heart is not right and there are some things you need to repent, it doesn’t matter

If you try to be on time for Sunday School, you make an effort to be at all the services,

You make an effort to visit the sick and come to pm programs; these things are not a substitute for true repentance;



After you are restored and your heart is right; After you get rid of the sin you need to turn away from…THEN

V13 Will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee

No comments: