Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 10, 2010

Monday, May 10, 2010, – STUDYING “ONE YEAR BIBLE”

Monday, May 10, 2010, – STUDYING “ONE YEAR BIBLE”
8:00-1:25 pm (Off and On).. Reading March 11

5:30 pm – Park to jog for 1 hour

Numbers 15:17-16:40; Mark 15:1-47; Psalm 54:1-7; Proverbs 11:5-6

Psalm 54:1-7
View commentary related to this passage
Psalm 54
For the choir director: A psalm[a] of David, regarding the time the Ziphites came and said to Saul, “We know where David is hiding.” To be accompanied by stringed instruments.
1 Come with great power, O God, and rescue me!
Defend me with your might.
2 Listen to my prayer, O God.
Pay attention to my plea.
3 For strangers are attacking me;
violent people are trying to kill me.
They care nothing for God.
Interlude
4 But God is my helper.
The Lord keeps me alive!
5 May the evil plans of my enemies be turned against them.
Do as you promised and put an end to them.
6 I will sacrifice a voluntary offering to you;
I will praise your name, O LORD,
for it is good.
7 For you have rescued me from my troubles
and helped me to triumph over my enemies.
Footnotes:
a. Psalm 54:1 Hebrew maskil. This may be a literary or musical term.
New Living Translation (NLT)
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers.


Proverbs 11:5-6
View commentary related to this passage
5 The godly are directed by honesty;
the wicked fall beneath their load of sin.
6 The godliness of good people rescues them;
the ambition of treacherous people traps them.

No comments: